As you begin to look into the process of becoming a U.S. citizen in Kentucky, you will find that what is required of you are aspects that will help you to succeed and excel as a citizen of the United States of America. Before you begin the application process, you should be dedicated to accomplishing all of the requirements so you can complete your application with ease and confidence.
When you are committed to achieving your goals and making the life-altering decision of becoming a citizen of the United States, you can work toward naturalization with pride and excitement for your future. According to usa.gov, some of the eligibility requirements you will need to have met to be prepared for citizenship include the following:
- Participate in a personal interview where you will answer a series of questions about your interest and reason for wanting to be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be able to demonstrate that you are a good person with moral characteristics that are reflective of a U.S. citizen.
- Have completed and submitted a U.S. Naturalization test.
- Are able to communicate in basic English including reading, writing and speaking.
There are a host of resources that you can access in your preparation for becoming a U.S. citizen. Utilizing what is available to you may expedite the process as you are able to do things correctly the first time because you have paid attention to each detail throughout the process. The information in this article is intended for educational purposes only and should not be taken as legal advice.