John Vickerstaff Louisville, Kentucky Immigration Lawyer
This is an advertisement
call for an initial consultation
Toll Free888-832-2944
Practice Areas

April 2017 Archives

Increased ICE activity in Kentucky

It is about a two-hour drive from Louisville to Daviess County, Kentucky. That is where a jailer recently told a local newspaper that Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents are increasingly making the trip to the county's jail to pick up undocumented immigrants held there.

Are you safe under DACA? Recent headlines aren't optimistic

The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program allows hundreds of thousands of people here in the United States who are children of undocumented immigrants to remain in the country. If you meet certain qualifications, you could receive DACA status, which would guarantee your right to stay here in Kentucky for two years. In addition, you could receive a free work permit good for two years, and you may receive the right to apply for a driver's license.

Happy ending in Kentucky family immigration tale

She is from Kentucky and he is from Syria. A little more than three years ago, they met in Ghana, West Africa, fell in love and within months were married. It is certainly not a traditional love story, but their tale shows that matters of the heart know no borders or distances. Their story of family immigration and reunion was recently aired on the Today show. 

Russian immigration to U.S. remains high

In the headlines, Russia and the United States seem forever at odds. While heads of state engage in conflict, working class people continue to pursue happiness in their everyday lives. Despite international differences, people are still free to travel between Russia and the U.S. and live as they choose. That sentiment remains high among Russian citizens wishing to emigrate to the U.S.

Fighting for the dream of American citizenship

As readers of our Kentucky immigration blog know, there are three ways in which to be eligible to become a naturalized U.S. citizen. The first is to have permanent resident status and live in the U.S. for at least five years. The second: be married to a U.S. citizen, have permanent resident status and live in the U.S. at least three years. The third way is to be a permanent resident and have served in the U.S. military.