Vickerstaff Law Office

Call For An Initial Consultation

Local: 502-442-2039 Toll-Free: 888-832-2944
Vickerstaff Law Office

Call For An Initial Consultation

Local: 502-442-2039
Toll-Free: 888-832-2944

Louisville, Kentucky, Immigration Lawyer

Louisville, Kentucky, Immigration Lawyer

Louisville Work Permit Lawyers

Work permits are generally for people who have a pending application of some kind, who need to work. The most common examples of situations where people with pending applications need to apply for work permits are:

Until the cases are resolved, the applicants are not allowed to take a job. At the Louisville-based Vickerstaff Law Office, PSC, our lawyers have helped secure work permits for clients from all over the world who wish to work in Kentucky. Work permits also go by the names EAD card, employment authorization card, or employment authorization document.

Work Permits Could Be Required Even If You Have A Green Card Or Received Asylum

There are some situations in which people who have their green card, asylum or removal cancellation approved still might need work permits if they wish to work:

  • If they have been granted U status
  • If they have been granted Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
  • If they have been granted a withholding of removal

The way to obtain a work permit is by filling out Form I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization), available from the USCIS website. You may be asked to supply biometric information (fingerprints) to guarantee your identity. If you need help with it, call Vickerstaff Law Office, PSC, and our attorneys will be happy to assist you.

Contact A Kentucky Asylum Application Attorney

If your green card or asylum application is pending, you need a temporary work permit. For help, call the Louisville temporary work permit attorneys at Vickerstaff Law Office, PSC, at 502-442-2039, toll-free 888-832-2944 — or describe your immigration law problem to our lawyers using this email form.