Vickerstaff Law Office

Call For An Initial Consultation

Local: 502-442-2039 Toll-Free: 888-832-2944
Vickerstaff Law Office

Call For An Initial Consultation

Local: 502-442-2039
Toll-Free: 888-832-2944

Louisville, Kentucky, Immigration Lawyer

Louisville, Kentucky, Immigration Lawyer

Louisville Military Fiancée Visa Lawyers

K1, K2, K3, And K4 Fiancé(e) Visas

Military personnel who are engaged to a noncitizen overseas or have already married while outside the country should apply for a K-class visa for their fiancé(e) or spouse. Applying in a timely fashion and submitting all necessary paperwork in a complete, accurate manner is essential because the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) pays great attention to fiancé(e) visas.

At the Vickerstaff Law Office, PSC, in Louisville, we advise and represent military men and women in K-class marriage and fiancé(e) visa applications. Since immigration issues fall under federal jurisdiction, Mr. Vickerstaff and Ms. Finegold can represent military personnel throughout the country, regardless of the state he or she lives in or his or her DEROS. Additionally, as immigration lawyers who have helped many military personnel stationed overseas in the Navy, Army, Air Force and Marines, Kentucky attorneys John Vickerstaff and Marina Finegold are used to conducting business over the phone and internet.

If you plan on being married in the United States or need to bring a noncitizen spouse into the country, contact military marriage and fiancé(e) visa lawyers John Vickerstaff and Marina Finegold today. We can help expedite the visa application and approval process in certain situations and prevent unnecessary delays due to incomplete documentation or the use of incorrect forms. If your REFRAD is approaching, we can explain how we can help you with filing forms and completing your spouse’s or fiancé(e)’s application.

Understanding Your Options

Noncitizen fiancé(e)s or spouses can apply for the following kinds of K-class visas:

  • K-1 fiancé(e) visa: The K-1 visa allows a U.S. citizen to bring his or her noncitizen fiancé(e) to the United States in order to get married.
  • K-2: A K-2 visa allows a non-citizen fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen to bring any unmarried children under the age of 21 into the United States. Under the terms of the K-2 visa, eligible children do not have to be the children of the U.S. citizen in question.
  • K-3: The K-3 visa allows a U.S. citizen to bring his or her non-citizen spouse into the United States.
  • K-4: The K-4 visa allows a spouse of a U.S. citizen to bring any unmarried children under the age of 21 into the United States. Under the terms of the K-4 visa, eligible children do not have to be children of the U.S. citizen.

After status is established, our Kentucky immigration attorneys can also assist your spouse in applying for a green card and permanent residence.

Can The Visa Process Be Expedited?

Depending on your particular situation, your spouse or fiancé(e) may have several different options for entering the United States. For example, a spouse may choose to apply for an immigrant visa or a K-3 visa. If the spouse or fiancé(e) intends to remain in the U.S. only temporarily, a student visa or employment or work visa may be more appropriate. We can help you decide which option will be the fastest and most appropriate way to get your loved one into the United States.

Does It Matter What Country My Spouse Or Fiancé(e) Is From?

Typically, no. As Louisville immigration lawyers, John Vickerstaff and Marina Finegold have helped military men and women apply for K-class visas for noncitizen spouses and fiancé(e)s from many countries, including the Philippines, Germany and South Korea.

Attorneys Marina Finegold and John Vickerstaff are familiar with embassy protocols and are prepared to work with people from any country seeking a K-class visa.

What Happens After The Visa? Do We Have To Worry About The Interview?

Due in part to heightened security concerns after 9/11, visa applications have fallen under greater scrutiny. In cases involving marriage, immigration officials are primarily interested in making sure a marriage is legitimate and not simply an end-run around immigration requirements. We assist clients in preparing for the interview, explaining what sort of documentation is needed, what sorts of questions are likely to be asked, and how to conduct yourself after the petition phase to make a good impression.

Contact A Kentucky Military Foreign Spouse Visa Attorney

Are you in the service and you wish to bring your fiancé(e) to the USA? Call the Louisville military fiancée visa attorneys at Vickerstaff Law Office, PSC, at 502-442-2039, toll-free 888-832-2944 — or describe your immigration law problem using this email form.