Vickerstaff Law Office

Call For An Initial Consultation

Local: 502-442-2039 Toll-Free: 888-832-2944
Vickerstaff Law Office

Call For An Initial Consultation

Local: 502-442-2039
Toll-Free: 888-832-2944

Louisville, Kentucky, Immigration Lawyer

Louisville, Kentucky, Immigration Lawyer

Louisville Student Visas Lawyers

Serving Lexington, Louisville And The Kentuckiana Region

For students from other nations seeking quality education, the idea of studying in America is exciting and can be a wonderful opportunity. While student visas are relatively easy to obtain, many are delayed or denied because the application is not done properly. In Kentucky, a good place to turn for help with student visas is Vickerstaff Law Office, PSC. Every year the firm guides incoming students — many of them for the first time — through all the legal tangles.

Student visas exist for every level of school, from elementary to postgraduate study. The main thing to understand is that student visas are for limited purposes. When your course of study is completed, you are expected to leave the U.S. Our lawyers can help students at the University of Kentucky in Lexington, the University of Louisville, and any other college, high school or elementary school in the state.

Graduating From College

F Visas · M Visas · J Visas · H-3 Visas

The first step is deciding which visa is right for your situation. Here is some basic information:

  • F visas are the most common student visa. They are for students wishing to come to the U.S. on a temporary basis to study full time. You must intend to depart the U.S. once your study is completed.
  • M visas are like F visas, except for students enrolling to study at a vocational and technical school. M visa holders are usually allowed to stay for a specific period of time.
  • J visas are for students, professors, scholars, researchers and others coming to the U.S. to take part in a cultural exchange.
  • H–3 visas are for individuals invited by international organizations to learn skills that do not lead to productive employment.

Switching To An F Visa

If you are currently in the U.S. as a temporary worker, diplomat, exchange visitor or any other nonimmigrant classification, and you wish to switch to an F visa — call Vickerstaff Law Office, PSC, at 502-442-2039.

Can You Stay In The U.S. After Graduating From College?

Students finishing college often want to stay and train for work in the U.S. USCIS permits this when the work is related to your course of study. This can be done through Optional Practical Training (OPT). You will want a skilled immigration lawyer to guide you through this process to avoid error and delay.

Contact A Kentucky Lawyer With Change Of Status Questions

Do you need help obtaining a student visa? Call the Louisville student visa attorneys at Vickerstaff Law Office, PSC, at 502-442-2039, toll-free 888-832-2944 — or describe your immigration law problem using this email form.