Vickerstaff Law Office

Call For An Initial Consultation

Local: 502-442-2039 Toll-Free: 888-832-2944
Vickerstaff Law Office

Call For An Initial Consultation

Local: 502-442-2039
Toll-Free: 888-832-2944

Louisville, Kentucky, Immigration Lawyer

Louisville, Kentucky, Immigration Lawyer

Louisville Fiancé Visas Lawyers

It is a privilege and a pleasure to assist people who plan to marry a U.S. citizen and live here in the U.S. To do this, they need a K-1 visa, the so-called fiancé(e) visa. The K-1 visa allows you to apply for conditional permanent resident status. Throughout this process, the Kentucky immigration lawyers of Vickerstaff Law Office, PSC, will work with you to ensure that your paperwork is filled out properly and that there is no reason for delay or rejection of your application. We care about our clients at Vickerstaff Law Office, PSC, especially when the task at hand — arranging a marriage and a new life together — is such a happy one. We welcome the opportunity to talk with you at our Louisville office or anywhere convenient for you.

Green Cards For People Getting Married

The American citizen makes the first step, filing Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). Like many immigration documents, this form can be confusing to fill out. The USCIS wants to know that:

  • You are a lawful citizen of the United States.
  • You have a genuine relationship with your fiancé(e).
  • You have met in person with your fiancé(e) within the last two years.
  • You will be able to financially support your fiancé(e) in the U.S.
  • You both are legally free to marry.
  • You plan to marry within 90 days of the date your fiancé(e) arrives in the U.S.

If approved, the request is forwarded to the American consular office where the fiancé(e) will apply for the visa.

When the K-1 visa is granted, your fiancé(e) must travel to the U.S. within six months. The visa expires if this condition is not met. Upon arrival to the U.S. on a K-1 visa, the two of you have 90 days to get married.

Contact A Kentucky Spouse Visa Attorney

Do you wish to bring your fiancé(e) to the USA? Call the Louisville fiancé(e) visas attorneys at Vickerstaff Law Office, PSC, at 502-442-2039, toll-free 888-832-2944 — or describe your immigration law problem to our lawyers using this email form.