Vickerstaff Law Office

Call For An Initial Consultation

Local: 502-442-2039 Toll-Free: 888-832-2944
Vickerstaff Law Office

Call For An Initial Consultation

Local: 502-442-2039
Toll-Free: 888-832-2944

Louisville, Kentucky, Immigration Lawyer

Louisville, Kentucky, Immigration Lawyer

Louisville Green Card Lawyers

A green card is the document that immigrants receive as proof of their permanent resident status. Green cards allow noncitizens to live, work or travel in the U.S., and they are a first step in the direction of citizenship. For all these reasons, they are always in great demand.The lawyers at Vickerstaff Law Office, PSC, in Louisville, have helped many applicants who are already in Kentuckiana to obtain green cards. You must have entered the United States legally, and you must apply before the date on your I-94 card, which was put in your passport when you arrived in the U.S.

Green Cards Through Family Relationships

The most common way to obtain a green card is through family relationships. You might be eligible for a green card if you are a spouse, child or parent of a lawful permanent resident or U.S. citizen, or if your sibling (brother or sister) is a U.S. citizen.

Green card status is also available through employment, and may sometimes be granted to an individual in deportation proceedings, depending on how long the person has lived in the U.S. and whether there are any family members who would suffer a hardship.

Green cards are also issued through the Diversity Immigrant Visa program to citizens of low-immigration countries.

What Are Adjustment Of Status And Consular Processing?

Applying within the U.S. requires Adjustment of Status. Applying outside the U.S. is a process called Consular Processing. At Kentucky’s Vickerstaff Law Office, PSC, we are happy to assist you with either Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing.

Here in the U.S., we can help obtain the forms you need from USCIS for Adjustment of Status. You must provide photos and documents such as a copy of your visa petition approval or asylum approval, a letter from the employer who petitioned for you (if you’re applying based on employment) saying the job is still open, your birth certificate, copies of certain pages of your passport, and more. What you submit depends on what category you’re applying under.

Our Louisville firm will work with you to make sure that these forms are filled out properly, so you are neither delayed nor refused. Months later, you’ll be asked for fingerprints and interviewed at the local USCIS office. If your application and your answers are acceptable, your green card will be sent to you by mail.

Attorneys Providing Citizenship Through Family Green Cards In Kentucky

Do you wish to obtain permanent resident status in the U.S.? Call the Louisville green card attorneys at Vickerstaff Law Office, PSC, at 502-442-2039, toll-free 888-832-2944 — or describe your immigration law problem using this email form.